Welcome to the DataWeb tutorial. This tutorial will lead you step-by-step through the process of creating a simple web application.
In this tutorial, we'll build a web application for the Fremont Book Club, complete with a meeting schedule and a means for club members to submit online book reviews.
The tutorial assumes no prior knowledge of using DataWeb, but does assume a familiarity with basic Internet concepts. The DataWeb Designer requires a 5.0 or greater Internet Explorer or Firefox web browser. The tutorial will focus on these areas:
- Creating a new application
- Using the DataWeb Designer
- Creating and customizing views
- Adding lookup fields
- Modifying the application template
- Setting security
- Adding a nested data region