You can import the tables from
an existing Access database into a DataWeb web. Each table in your Access
database will become a data table in your Web application.
|Importing an Access Database
When the DataWeb platform imports your Access database, it does the
The import wizard will
preserve as many of your data
types, primary keys, and lookups as possible. Before attempting to import an Access
for Successful Access Imports to ensure that your database imports exactly the way
you intend it to.
- Imports all of your tables and data into DataWeb data tables
- Maintains each table's primary key
- Maintains field data types
- Imports your relationships and automatically creates lookup fields
- Imports your table and field captions and descriptions
For security reasons, DataWeb limits the size of an uploaded file to 20 MB.
If your database is larger than 20 MB, see Importing 20+ MB
To import an Access database:
Your database import is now complete.
- In the DataWeb Application Designer, click the folder
in the File Directory into which you want to import the Access database.
- From the File menu (at the top of the designer),
mouse-over the Import option and select Import data from access DB.
- In the next window; you will be presented with the option to click a button Choose File where you can select an Access DB from your local computer.
- Or select the Import file from DataWeb application
and type in the url of the Access DB (ex. http://yourweb.dataweb.com/access.db).
- In the appropriate text box, enter
the path to the .mdb or .zip file that you want to upload.
- If your Access database is password-protected, enter it in the Database Password
- If you want existing data tables in your Web application
to be overwritten by imported tables with the same name, select the Overwrite
existing tables option.
- Click the Import button to start the
It may take several minutes to upload your file. Once the upload is complete, you will see a progress
indicator showing the import status of each table in your database.
- When the import status
displays Process Complete, click OK.