The DataWeb Designer is the tool that you use to modify your web application. Some of
the things you can do within the Designer include:
- Build data tables to store your data. Data tables form the backbone of
your web application.
- Create views for displaying, inserting, updating, and deleting data.
Together the views in your web application form what your users will
see when they visit your site.
- Add members to your web and specify what security privileges they have.
- Import new static HTML files, images, and other files that you want to
incorporate into your application.
- Write scripts to customize your web application.
- Rename your web application or change its domain.
To display your web application in the DataWeb Designer, visit the
My Applications page,
and click the Design ( ) link for your web application.
Alternatively, you can append "_admin=start" or "_admin=contents" directly to the URL of your application's web address to view your web application in the DataWeb Designer.
(Note that you can only view a web in the Designer if you're the owner
of the web or if you have design privileges on that web application.)
The following image points out the main parts of the DataWeb
Designer. Use the File Directory to navigate to the different parts of your web application. Use the Work Area and Properties Pane to design views, data tables, and templates: simply select an element in the Work Area, and modifiy its properties in the Properties Pane.
The following topics further explain how to use the DataWeb Designer: